Monday, May 4, 2009

Living like You've won

The other day Bruce Luebbers came over to help me set up the trampoline which my kids have been begging for even before all the snow melted. For the winter months I stored the majority of the trampoline above the garage in a storage place between the rafters; I've also stored a lot of my air soft stuff up there just to keep it out of the way. When Bruce climbed up there to get the trampoline stuff down, he also found my bag of air soft supplies, with the intention of ambushing me when I came out of the house. What he didn't realize was that I had taken out my best guns, one of which was setting just inside my door. SO, here Bruce is trying to ambush me with a puny little pistol and I come out of the house with my shotgun! As you can imagine, this didn't last very long, One because the gun he had chosen to use didn't hardly work; and two, the gun I had really stings when you get hit by one of it's pellets.

The feeling that I had from this really got me thinking about my Christian walk. You see, I knew that Bruce probably wasn't going to hit me with the gun he had, especially when he abandoned the pistol and picked up another gun that didn't work at all. I also knew that what I was using, the gun that I held in my hands was so much better than what he had that I knew the fight was over even as it was beginning. Do you see the corillation here? The Bible tells us that we have power through the Holy Spirit! It tells us that we can do anything through Christ who gives us strength! Jesus himself told his disciples that they would do incredible things when the Holy Spirit came upon them. But when you look at Christians around you today, or when you look in the mirror, is this what you see? Do you see power, do you see joy, do you see victory??? My answer is a big NO. The point is that through the blood of Jesus Christ, and his sacrifice on the cross we have already won the battles we have yet to fight, and it is time that you and I begin to live like it! We must stop justifying why we aren't live the way we're supposed to live, and instead begin to rely on the promises of God's Word to live a victorious life, full of joy, and power! After all when we realize that the weapon of God's Word is superior to anything that will come against us, it makes all the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment