Monday, March 15, 2010

a broken heart and new perspective

Recently I feel as though God has begun to do a new thing in my heart, waking me up to the reality of the lost. It amazes me at times how naive I and many others can be about the reality of unreached lost people in our so called modern world. I just recently realized that a little under half of the world's population have never heard the gospel message, a little under HALF! Doesn't that strike you as impossible? We hear the gospel every day and yet there are millions of people living and dying that don't even know the name of Jesus. So what does that mean for them? This is also something that I have been struggling with because my human logic tells me that a loving God would never send someone to hell who has never heard. But isn't this the same logic people use in our culture for explaining why there can't possibly be a hell, because God is to loving? However the Bible tells us that the only way to heaven is through Christ and also, Romans 10 says "How then shall they call upon Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent?" To be honest, this disturbs me. I believe it is God's will that none should perish, but we also live in a fallen world plagued by sin which makes us enemies of God. So I guess what I'm saying is that as Christians this should dominate our prayer life and as Jesus said, we should pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into the field, and then ask yourself, am I to be one of those workers?

No comments:

Post a Comment